Based in Perm, Russia
“Black Book” is a dark RPG Adventure, based on Slavic mythology, in which you play as a young sorceress. Battle evil forces, aid commonfolk and travel across the rural countryside, where humans live alongside mythological creatures.
Black Book is a unique opportunity to get acquainted with the world of Northern Slavic mythology, shaped by its history and tradition. The game was developed by the people who grew up with these folk tales, and consulted with historians and anthropologists to make sure the game’s narrative accurately represents the beliefs of their ancestors.
- Experience the haunting tale of myth and mystery, set in the backdrop of towns and villages of late XIXth Century
- 7 Chapters to get through - each with their own main unfolding narrative and multiple side-stories
- Battle the evil spirits with the card-collecting, deck-building battle system
- Meet all kinds of companions on your way through Cherdyn - from a war-battered soldier to a talking cat with a dry sense of humor
- Recruit demonic forces to your cause and use their power to grow stronger
- Dive into the world of Slavic legend and folklore, and test your newfound knowledge its mythology
Announcement Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
We are a small indie studio from Perm, Russia. Our projects are mythology and ethnic-based with the narrative and worlds supported by historical facts and folklore. The name of the studio comes from wordplay of "Mort", which is French for "dead" and Komi for "a man", and "Matryoshka", the famous Russian doll. Our team currently consists of five people.
More information on Morteshka, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Black Book Credits
Game Designer, Writer, Programmer, Artist
Sound Director, Music Composer